Saturday, August 25, 2012

map of the world jeans

It might just be me, but there's something cool about maps of the world, right? Especially when it involves crafting :) And because I spend too much time on the internet, I've found plenty of examples of map crafts!

by kevin van aelst 



Globe Chandelier by Benoit Vieubled






keno map rug




the ones I don't have sources for came from tumblr.


I was inspired by these, and I had an extra pair of jeans and spraypaint, so I printed out a map of the world, cut it put to make a stencil, and taped it on to the back pockets. It looked really cool and I was so excited that it worked... and then the white paint started soaking in and disappearing. It was depressing. But then I dried my tears and tried plan B. I had fabric paint, so I traced the stencil with that and filled it in. The only slight problem was that the fabric paint was blue so it didn't contrast with the jeans as well as white would have, but I still like it. Tell me what you think!







No comments:

Post a Comment