Sunday, August 19, 2012

Spraypaint American Flag Shirt

I've been crafting like mad lately, and the slightest inspiration will set me off. When I came across this lovely little gem,
http://www.seamsforadesire.com/2012/05/usa.html
I really just couldn't help myself...

and the best part was that I could use packing tape for the stripes! (which makes my life, and yours if you try this, really easy. yay!) oh also it was awesome that my dad didn't mind me uh "borrowing" his shirt :) for the stars, I just printed them, cut them out, and taped them on. and I got the line down the back almost perfect by folding the shirt while I spraypainted it. (btw, I use spray paint on clothes A LOT and it works really well. that seems to surprise people, but Krylon even advertises using theirs on clothing). Not sure if I prefer the original, but that's not a DIY, so it's at least a little exciting that my homemade version doesn't look like a joke next to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment