Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lightning Bolts




Inspired by the Urban Outfitters lightning bolt shirt, I cut up a white tee and Sharpie tie-dyed it black and purple. It wasn't as dark as I had hoped, so I (no surprises here) spray painted it black. It still probably wasn't dark enough but I wanted to wear it already! I printed out a lightning bolt, cut it out, and spray painted white around it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out because it was free and when I went to a black-light party, it really stood out. Success!!
I really like lightning. Like, really. It's because I like storms (hence my name http://570rm.blogspot.com) and I like symbols and lightning is a pretty cool symbol for a storm. I like lightning and storms so much that I've developed a collection of pictures on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/doubleyellow/storms/ and made a soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/570rm.   So I'm not exaggerating when I say I really like storms and lightning. I also really like metal. When I saw this 
on Pinterest, I had an idea. Lightning bolt. Metal. Jeans. Done. 

...maybe I have a problem.

To attach the metal lightning bolt to the pocket, I cut out a pocket-shaped piece of an old t-shirt and hot glued the lightning bolt to it. Then I stitched that fabric to the jeans pocket. It kind of came off a little bit so I used Gorilla glue between the metal and the t-shirt material. It stayed and looked almost as cool as I'd pictured :)


Update: I  can  never wear these because the metal pulled away from the hot glue when I moved, so now the sharp points will catch on other fabrics and make it uncomfortable to sit down. So they look cool but are pretty much useless= IMPRACTICAL

No comments:

Post a Comment